For nights and days when you want to switch up your look to something more unusual and unique, adding a dark lipstick is the best way to go. Have troubles with applying it or afraid to look like a gothic teen? Here’re 5 tips to follow:
- Use a stain. It’s the best way to make the lips look voluminous and sexy. Use a lip stain in berry or wine that adds a smaller dose of pigment and dab it in place with fingers or a brush.
- Choose the right shade for your skintone. Darker skin tones can pull off purplish hues while lighter complexions should go for berry shades.
- Prep before applying. Dark lipstick is nothing without smooth lips, so before wearing it remove dry flaky skin with an exfoliator and moisturize with beeswax and jojoba oil.
- Don’t neglect a lip liner. Start your dark lip makeup with outlining around the lips and coloring in to create hold.
- Keep it simple on the rest of the face. Go light and neutral on the eye makeup, just play up the luscious lashes.