If you want your hair to be healthy, naturally shiny and smooth, you shouldn’t forget about regular hair treatment like simple masks. And it doesn’t mean that you need to spend hundreds of dollars to do that, just make a homemade mask with ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now! Here’s 10 easy recipes for different hair needs.
- Avocado + couple of drops of peppermint essential oil. Apply on towel-dried hair, let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Coconut oil. Take a table spoon of this oil and apply to the ends of damp hair.
- Pureed banana + 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Massage into hair and scalp, leave for 30 minutes, rinse and shampoo.
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey + one cup of pumpkin puree. Apply on hair and sculp, wear shower cap for 15 minutes and rinse.
Color boosting masks:
- Cocoa powder + plain yogurt + honey + apple cider vinegar = deeper, richer brown hair.
- Lemon + chamomile tea = warmed up ashy blond hair. Just do a simple rinse by pouring a cup of cooled tea with juice over clean wet hair.
- Grape-flavored Kool-Aid. Do a rinse with this to get rid of the dreaded orange.
Shining and smoothing masks:
- Teaspoon of sugar + cup of water. Pour a bit on into your palms and run hands over dry hair.
- The aspirin powder + small amount of shampoo. Lather up this mixture and rinse.
- Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar + ½ cup of water. Pour it over damp hair, comb, let it sit for 5 minutes and rinse.