A pencil skirt is one of those clothing items every woman should own. It’s elegant and ladylike, which makes it perfect for a variety of settings. If you think that the only place you can wear it is your office, I’m gonna prove you’re wrong today. Depending on what you wear it with, a pencil skirt can be worn in colder months as well as for spring and summer, for more casual or formal events. Still doesn’t sound convincing for you? Well, here’re your five ways to wear a pencil skirt:
- All-time classic button-down. This is a classy combination for all important business meetings and day-to-day office. To make a look more interesting and eye-catchy, try a pencil skirt that has interesting detailing/form/color.
- Silk blouse. If you’re rooting for a less formal and more glam style, prefer a nice silk blouse either in neutral color or contrasting one and tuck it in.
- Bold prints and colors. Don’t be afraid to wear more complex colors than neutrals and rock interesting and trendy prints. The main rule is to not overdo it: know what colors mix and match well, wear either printed skirt or a top (not all together).
- Co-ords. For some events you can let yourself show a little tummy. Co-ord sets of a crop top and a pencil skirt are ones of the most flattering and sexy combos. Just choose prints and silhouettes, in which you feel the best.
- Casual tee. If you want to look laid-back and relaxed yet chic, a simple tee is your best choice. Such outfit is ideal for a night out or a date.
See some picture inspiration below! Enjoy!